May 2020 Newsletter
Hello NPTA Members,
We hope everyone is well, healthy, and keeping active.
Our summer leagues are scheduled to begin 6/1, and though this start date seems we are still hopeful. New Providence is following guidelines on opening up courts and fields from both the governor’s office and the Westfield Regional Health Department. Until the NP Boro gives us the green light, we are restricted to singles play only.
- Contact the league coordinators to register for teams so we can hit the ground running once are allowed. We will run the singles ladder, women’s doubles, men’s doubles, mixed doubles, and the round robins eventually.
- The Walther Cup scheduled for 5/30 has been postponed and tentatively rescheduled to the weekend after Labor Day.
Current Guidelines for Court Use (as of 5/10/20)
The courts are open for singles playonly (2 people per court) for New Providence residents. The town is not taking any court reservations, so the courts are on a first come/first served basis.
- Restricted to New Providence Residents – ID required
- 1 hour maximum – no lingering afterwards
- Courts open 7:30am-Sundown
- No bathrooms
- No lights
Remember: Courts 5-8 are still scheduled for global repairs beginning June 1st.
We will be in touch with further information as it unfolds. Until then, stay safe.
The NPTA Board