Mixed Doubles Ladder
The ladder is open only to NPTA members; open to pairs of men and women; anyone can join at any time throughout spring, summer, and fall.
Process & Rules
- The mixed doubles ladder runs from Easter Monday to Labor Day Monday, each year. At the end of the season the winning team gets a $50 gift card.
- You may name your team if you like – maximum of 2 words. Please be respectful when choosing team names. NPTA reserves the right to approve team names.
- All ladder teams are initially placed in the lowest ranking.
- Matches are set up by individual ladder players who are responsible for contacting each other.
- Each year, from Easter Monday to Summer solstice (first day of summer / June 21) ladder players may challenge any team registered in the program.
- Ranking will be in effect after the June 21 and after that date teams may challenge only those above (up to two ranks) and below (down to two ranks).
- Challenged team has two weeks to play match. If unable, they forfeit the match.
- Challenged team must accept challenge unless there is an unavoidable emergency or injury.
- Match can be played at any court mutually agreed upon (doesn’t have to be in NP).
- Match winners report the date and score to the ladder coordinator, copying the duo played (even if match results do not affect rankings).
- Each teams brings one unopened can of balls to match; match winners keep can of unused balls. Only one can of balls is used per match.
- Rules are interpreted and disputes are settled at the discretion of the ladder coordinator.
- Scoring is based on best of 3 sets. If teams do not want to play a third set then a 10-point tiebreak could be substituted. The third set tie break should be won by 2 points. Tiebreaks are to be played if 1st and 2nd set scores are level at 6 games apiece.
- All matches must be completed with a winner. Matches cannot be tied.
- The winner earns 2 points and the loser earns 0 points (if only two sets are played).
- If the match is decided by 3rd set tiebreak, winner earns 2 points and the loser earns 1 point for winning one set.
- Each individual player in the winning team also earns 1 point towards their mixed doubles ranking.
- Each team gets 1 point after they play 5 games – this is to encourage playing and staying competitive in the ladder.
- Ranking is based on the number of points earned. At any given time, team(s) with the most points is automatically ranked 1.
- Rankings are updated monthly on the NPTA website. Players are moved down one level at the end of each month if they fail to play any matches in that time period.
To sign up complete the form below. This form works best with the Chrome browser
Coordinator: Karthik Sankaralingam at firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be a registered NPTA member to participate in the mixed doubles ladder.